I was in the same predicament earlier this week when a friend asked me about my costume and I zero ideas....but, after some searching for inspiration and I ended up finding the perfect halloween costume for just under 5 bucks!
WILDFOX BATHING SUIT
What you will need:
- computer & printer (free)
- card-stock paper for skeleton stencil ($0.35)
- leotard, dress, shirt, or any fabric (closet)
- foam brush ($0.50)
- fabric paint ($1.95)
- small scissors (exacto knife* is preferred)
- hole puncher *
LET'S GET STARTED!
2. For an easier start if you have an exacto knife, slowly cut out the stencil on a solid backing or if you only have scissors, punch holes in the stencil so you have an easier place to start and if its too far in, continue punching holes as you cut and get closer to the center.
2. Once you are finished cutting place over any type of item or fabric you want the skeleton design to be on and tape around the outer edges of the card-stock paper to hold in place.
3. Now dip you foam brush into the paint and lightly dab onto the fabric vertically so it doesn't smear underneath the stencil.
4. Take off stencil and its all done! It's that easy!
**Extra Tip: Instead of using paint use tacky glue and add glitter in between steps 3 and 4 to get a more glam look!
$107.00 - $ 249.00
REVAMPED VINTAGE :
$ 3.00 - $ 15.00
Hope you liked our holiday DIY for Revamped Vintage!!
Have a Happy Halloween :)